The 2nd Global Politics Summer Academy:
Promoting Cooperation and Stability in the Eastern Mediterranean
29 Jun at 10:30 – 2 Jul at 14:30
The Institute of Global Affairs of The American College of Greece and the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ΕLIAMEP) are pleased to invite applicants to the 2nd Global Politics Summer Academy in Athens, Greece. The Summer Academy will provide participants with a plethora of insights and different perspectives on the current security landscape of the Eastern Mediterranean.
The 2nd Global Politics Summer Academy will cover the following topics:
– Climate crisis in the Eastern Mediterranean
– Managing Migration in the Eastern Mediterranean
– Ending unending conflicts: The Greek-Turkish dispute and the Cyprus problem
– Western Perspectives on the Eastern Mediterranean
– China, Russia, and the Eastern Mediterranean
– Dealing with security challenges in the Eastern Mediterranean
Sessions will include preparatory seminars, lectures, class discussions and “simulation-type” group work. All sessions are given in English. Participants should submit an essay one week after the completion of the Summer Academy. The best essays will be published as ELIAMEP Policy Briefs.
– Dr. Constantinos Filis, Director, ACG Institute of Global Affairs; Associate Professor, American College of Greece
– Prof. Panayotis Tsakonas, University of Athens; Head, Security Programme, ELIAMEP
– Learn from distinguished academics, diplomats and policy experts about the latest developments in the Eastern Mediterranean region.
– Make new contacts and network with people from Europe and the Mediterranean region.
– Participate in preparatory seminars with tips from experts.
– Participate in working groups.
– Publication of the best essays.
The program is designed for:
– Undergraduates and graduate students from Greece and abroad, in the fields of political science, law, international relations, security and ‘area studies’
– Policy practitioners
– NGO representatives
– Embassy officials
– Military academies graduates
– Media representatives
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 31 March 2022
Maximum number of participants: 30
An official certificate of language is not required from the applicants, but applicants should have a good command of English in order to be able to follow the teaching and participate in class discussions.
150 € (Students)
200 € (Professionals)
120€ (ACG Students & ELIAMEP interns)
Early Bird discounts:
100€ (ACG Students & ELIAMEP interns)
To be eligible for the early bird you have to apply before the 28th of February 2022 and pay before the 31st of April 2022.
Upon successful completion of the summer school, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
More information available here: https://www.acg.edu/about-acg/institute-of-global-affairs/events/https://bit.ly/3rUQIsd